1. Internationaler Kompositionswettbewerb
für elektroakustische und intermediale Musik „eviMus“
1st International Electroacoustic and Intermedial Composition Competition „eviMus“
(This Composition Competition is closed)
The Festival eviMus (Saarbrücker Tage für elektroakustische und visuelle Musik) call for new electroacoustic works for its 1. Internationale Kompositionswettbewerb
für elektroakustische und intermediale Musik.
flute (piccolo, C, G Alto or C bass) and electronics*,
or saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor or baritone) and electronics*.
(*Electronics: tape, live electronics, fixed media, with or without video, etc. Maximum of eight channels)
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The competition is open to composers of all nationalities born after 1977 (40 years old), each of whom may submit only one work, which was not commercially published or awarded a prize in any other national or international competition. The works must have been composed between 2012 and 2017. The length can be between 6 and max. 12 minutes.
The jury will award two prizes. It may also declare the deserted category or assign Honorary Mentions. The jury’s decision is final and without appeal. Any situation not covered by the rules will be managed by the jury.
- Prize: 1000€ und premiere
- Prize: 500€
The jury will announce the results during the 4. Saarbrücker Tage für elektroakustische und visuelle Musik – eviMus 2017.
How to apply:
All applications must be sent via DropBox or Google Drive in a single folder to the email: competition[at]evimus[dot]de.
The application must fulfill the following requirements:
- PDF or DOC with contact information, composer’s biography, nationality, date of birth and a description of the idea of your work (program notes).
- Copy of birth certificate/ID/Passport in digital format
- Recent photo in digital format
- Audio file containing a stereo version of the piece
- PDF file with the score for instrument and electronic
- Optional: Electronics (patch, tape, description, audio, etc.)
Participating in the competition signifies for candidates accepting all the conditions of this rule. Any breach of the rules involves the elimination of the work in the contest.
Start of applications: 1st february 2017
Deadline for applications: 1st July 2017